Where to buy N95, KN95 face masks or respirators on sale: Deals with fast shipping as COVID
As the new year begins and rainy winter weather surges on, cold and flu season is also well underway. With it comes the threat of a new and scary-sounding COVID-19 variant with a recognizable name. The ‘Kraken’ subvariant, also seen in 28 other countries in addition to the U.S., is expected to soon be considered the dominant strain of the COVID-19 virus. With COVID-19 hospitalizations once again on the rise and Oregon reaching over 9,000 COVID-19 related deaths since the start of the pandemic, there’s no time like the present to upgrade your family’s N95 and KN95 masks for everyday use.
• Buy now: Top-selling N95 masks for sale with fast shipping from Amazon (more options below)
In Oregon and nationwide, the N95 and KN95 medical masks that experts have said offer the best protection from the virus are well-stocked and available to the general public in stores and online. With various theatres, venues, schools, businesses, and eateries gradually opting to enact restrictions again due to the rise of this dual BA.2.75 and BA.2.10.1 cross-strain variant, it is possible that masks may become the norm again throughout the rest of the coming winter months
Though mask mandate restrictions are not currently in effect in Oregon or the city of Portland, coronavirus remains around and continues to infect individuals. To keep yourself, your family, and others safe, measures including frequent hand-washing, social distancing, and wearing effective masks or respirators in public—both indoors and in some heavily populated outdoor situations—will help to slow the spread of the virus and give local hospitals adequate time to accommodate incoming patients.
WHAT ARE THE ‘KRAKEN’ VARIANT SYMPTOMS?
While typical symptoms of this specific Kraken variant can present like a mild common cold, similar to symptoms of the Omicron or other recent variants, some cases can be more advanced and those with the virus may experience:
WHY IS THIS VARIANT CALLED ‘KRAKEN’?
The new Kraken variant, named by a panel of experts put together by the World Health Organization, created the name based on the many forms and variants that have spawned from the original Omicron variant. This also encompasses a lineage of the virus called XBB.1.5 that partially makes up the Kraken.
N95 vs. KN95 FACE MASK: WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE?
While both masks are considered very effective in protecting wearers from the transfer of aerosol particulates, filtering out up to 95% , KN95 masks are simply considered the foreign equivalent of N95 masks. The difference between the two has to do with which regulating bodies oversee and test the effectiveness of these masks. N95 masks have been tested and approved by the U.S. National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH). Because KN95 masks aren’t overseen and vetted by NIOSH, they aren’t considered as effective as the U.S.-certified N95 masks.
Be wary of N95 masks with valves fixed to the outside. While these masks protect the wearer from inhaling particulates, they do not prevent transmission of the virus out of the mask by the wearer through the valve. It should be noted that most masks or respirators with valves are not recommended options for the general public unless they are certified by NIOSH and/or the FDA as a surgical grade mask. If you are wearing a mask with the valve like the 3M 8511 model respirator, you must cover the valve with tape or a secondary mask.
Another big difference between N95 and KN95 masks is the price point. Sine KN95 aren’t actually certified by NIOSH, they usually come at a lower financial cost than high grade N95 masks.
Whether you’re looking for packs of N95 masks, KN95 masks, or both to provide protection during these uncertain times, here are some great options for available masks that can be quickly delivered and are in stock now.
THE BEST N95 & KN95 FACE MASKS ON AMAZON
If you have an Amazon Prime account, this is one of the best ways to get masks as fast as possible with free two-day shipping. With various different brands of KN95 and N95 masks in stock online now, there are a couple of different options that combine good ratings, reasonable prices, and effective protection:
• For an ultra-protective mask that is both a little more robust and reusable, these Breathable Funight KN95 masks can be purchased from Amazon for $25 per pack of 50 when on sale. With 5 layers of protetion and sold in a neutral black color, they’re the perfect go-to for grocery shopping, meetings, or indoor events.
• Kimberly-Clark N95 pouch respirator masks are considered one of the better N95 mask options on Amazon right now. With a big “breathing chamber” and bendable front feature to add comfort and avoid that squished-nose feeling, these U.S. made masks come in two sizes and are currently 18% off.
• Halyard Fluidshield N95 respirators are rated well by both medical specialists and users. The manufacturer says they have been cleared for use by the FDA and are listed on the CDC website. These are also made in the USA, and their price recently went down to $34.99 for a box of 35 masks.
• For those interested in trying something different, the Benehal NIOSH Certified N95 Particulate Respiratory masks have a rounder shape and come in a non-woven gray style. You can get a pack of 20 for $19.98 plus a $3 off coupon when checking out.
• If you’re concerned with mask size, shape, and color, these discreet and simple black AccuMed BNX N95 masks are made in the United States and come in packs of 10 NIOSH approved masks for $16.99 (that’s only $1.70 per mask) and have 5 layers of filter in each.
• MISSAA KN95 Face Masks for Kids, also available on Amazon, are a good way to help encourage children to wear masks at the grocery store, playdates, or at school—especially if they don’t want to. They come in kids’ sizes featuring exciting bright patterns like tie dye, starry nights, fish, donuts, and checkers to create some excitement about mask-wearing. These are now on sale for only $14.99 for 30 masks.
WHERE ELSE TO BUY N95 & KN95 FACE MASKS AT THE BEST PRICES
If you are looking to sift through and find the best N95 or KN95 mask styles to fit your face, or just want a variety of price points to pick from, N95 Medical Supplies has a plethora of styles to choose from in small or large quantities. They are one of the top retailers of N95 masks, so they have a huge inventory and rarely sell out of the masks they carry.
You can also usually find KN95 masks in almost any big box store right now if you are willing to make a trip. While marketed for sanding and painting, Lowe’s has a 10-pack of N95 white disposable respirator masks for around $25. Home Depot has similar KN95 masks as well that boast 95% filtration efficiency.
If you can’t find what you’re looking for from some of these larger online retailers, you can try some smaller retailers that have some different style options at a variety of price points.
Well Before has a mix of N95 masks available and most cost under $5 each. The Makrite Sekura respirator folding masks are still on sale for $1.99 each. N95 Medical Supplies usually sells a 20-box of N95 masks for $60 that are NIOSH-certified and USA-made, but they’re now on sale for only $39.99.
READ MORE ABOUT THE CORONAVIRUS:
• XBB.1.5 COVID subvariant expected to spread fast, but cases, hospitalizations falling in Oregon for now
• Oregon passes 9,000 COVID-related deaths during pandemic
• COVID surge in China provides fertile ground for new variants, scientists say
• FDA authorizes Novavax COVID-19 vaccine; What you need to know
• You can now get more free COVID-19 tests from the government with the click of a button
• What suburban Portland school districts say about their ventilation rates
• Dire warning on COVID-19 issued by top White House official seeking more money for vaccines